Friday 3 August 2012

What I did whilst queuing for olympic tickets.


My dear darling little brother (who just happens to be about a foot taller than me now...) has set me the task of attempting to find and buy last minute Olympic tickets online. 

Having spent most of this morning queuing for things and getting more and more and more and more annoyed with LOCOG's silly website, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen.

But I've been cooking to fill the time and I made this super simple rocket and goats cheese pasta during one fifteen minute queue for athletics or synchronised swimming or something.
(Needless to say, I really didn't get those tickets....)

What you need for one serving:

Pasta (as much or as little as you want)
2 teaspoons of cream cheese
1/2 a pack of goats cheese (the spreadable type)
A splash of milk
6 Basil leaves
2 spring onions, chopped.
Three handfuls of rocket (although I have quite small hands. So maybe put in however much you fancy..)
Salt and Pepper to taste

And what you gotta do:

1. Cook your pasta. Hot water etc. You know what to do.
2. Put the cream cheese, the goats cheese and the milk into a small pan over a low heat. Let the cheese melt into a sauce like consistency. 
3. Chop the basil and add it to the pan, along with salt and pepper.
4. Keep the sauce cooking until the pasta is nearly done, for about ten minutes. If the sauce gets too thick or sticky, add a little extra milk.
5. When the pasta is nearly ready, add the rocket leaves to the sauce pan. Let them wilt a little bit then stir them into the sauce.
6. Drain the pasta and pour the sauce over it, mixing thoroughly to coat it. 
7. Serve with the spring onions sprinkled over the top. One lunch, ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment