Okay I lied. It doesn't aaaaactualllyyy have a moustache.
I just said that to get your attention.
Why do I need your attention?
Because I'm about to show you the simplest, quickest, easiest and probably the cheapest pasta sauce you can possibly make. It takes ten minutes and it's perfect for when you need a proper meal in ten minutes.
For instance, I've been painting kitchen cabinets this week. I needed food. Fast. This fit the bill.
But here's the sauce recipe. This makes enough for one serving but it'd be super simple to just double it.
What you need:
1/2 a can of tomatoes
1/2 an oxo cube
About two tablespoons of water
A dash of dried mixed herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start with your pasta. The sauce should take about the same time to cook as the pasta does. Which is pretty gosh darn convenient really.
2. Put the tomatoes in a pan over a low heat. I tend to use a relatively large one because the sauce tends to spit a little bit too much for a frying pan to be practical...
3. Add the half-oxo cube, about two table spoons of water and the dried mixed herbs.
4. Let it simmer, stirring occasionally so the sauce doesn't stick to the pan.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. When the pasta's done, take the sauce off the heat, tip the pasta into the pan and stir through.
And you're all done.